Easter and the English lesson
Angolos ötletek - 2013. március 16.
Teaching holidays at the English lessons is my obsession. Once students get used to talking about topical events and holidays during the lessons, they start to get prepared for them. They like these topics as finally they get answer to some of their questions (what the origins of the holiday are, since when we celebrate it etc.) and they are interested in hearing how other nations celebrate certain holidays. Here are my suggestions for a lesson on Easter:
To give students a basic knowledge about the holiday itself, here are some good sites to visit:
- Infographics about Easter:
- A presentation and other materials about the holiday.
If you wish to make them practice the new words, here are some great printables:
- word search activities:
- Bunny- shaped word search.
- Easter Hidden Picture—even if this one is for little kids, I am sure students of all ages enjoy this (PDF!)
- This Easter Bingo can serve as a warmer for the classes that follow.
Here are 10 extraordinary ways of celebrating Easter.
Listening exercise about the White House egg roll- it comes with a quiz.
And finally, here are some games to give a perfect ending to the Easter lesson- you can even decorate your very own virtual Easter egg:
Have fun and happy Easter to everybody!